Ph. D Student and Academic Librarian with six years’ experience in Information Literacy, Distance Library Services, Circulation, Cataloging, Archives, Reference and ILL as well as five years background of case management, sales, competitive intelligence, market research and strategic planning in the social services and telecommunications fields. Experienced speaker who has delivered presentations and seminars on Information Literacy, Web 2.0 tools, web tutorial creation, and Distance Learning services to local and national conferences and groups. Published article in the Journal of Library Administration. Research Interests include the role of Information Literacy in student learning and Library issues in emerging economies.
Oklahoma State University
Doctor of Philosophy, Educational Leadership (Higher Ed.)
Tentative Dissertation Title: The impact of Information Literacy on the Student Learning Experience
August 2010-May 2015 (Projected)
University of Oklahoma
Master of Library and Information Studies, May 2006
University of Oklahoma
BA (Magna Cum Laude) in Letters, May 1999
National Merit Scholar
Member, National Residence Hall Honorary
Rogers State University, Claremore, OK
Access Services and Distance Learning Librarian
Supervise circulation and reserves as well as develop programming and services for RSU Distance Learners
*Created and supervised Embedded Librarian program providing instruction and reference services to RSU Online Programs
*Created video tutorials for Library tools
* Created Strategic plan for RSU Library’s Distance Learning Services
*Chair of Library Marketing committee
* Member: RSU Distance Learning faculty committee
* provide approx. 40 Library instruction sessions/year in freshman comp, orientation, business classes, and all online and non-Claremore based class sections.
*Train and oversee student workers in circulation duties
*Manage Reserve Collection
*Instituted email overdue notices
Library Assistant, Stratton Taylor Library
Assisted Library patrons with circulation, reference, and computer support needs.
* Reorganized current reserve room system
* Created database and controlled vocabulary classification system for RSU Library Archives, as well as quarterly rotating displays
* Created customer satisfaction surveys for community borrowers and technology services
* Copy and original cataloging for approx. 150 books/month
Beryl Ford Collection, Tulsa, OK
Scanning, archiving, and cataloging collection of approximately 120,000 photographs, documents, and artifacts related to all aspects of Tulsa history.
* Created PastPerfect quick reference guide to aid interns in correctly cataloging items in the collection.
Department of Human Services (DHS), Tulsa, OK
Family Support Specialist, Osage County
Certified new TANF, food stamp, medical, and day care benefits and manage existing benefits of approximately 200 needy families located in northern Tulsa and southern Osage counties.
* Developed Access database of approximately 1000 Osage County families for annual christmas and back-to-school assistance projects, and created new comprehensive directory of social services resources available to Osage County residents.
*Consistently achieved 100% Timeliness and Accuracy scores on case processing
Williams Communications (WCG), Tulsa, OK
* As Key Accounts Sales Representative (2001-2), Added $204,000 in revenue (based on total contract value) to Williams Communications’ top line between September 2001 and March 2002.
*Selected as charter member of the Professional Development Program for high-potential recent graduates. (1999-2001)
* Completed rotations in Sales Support, Product Marketing, and Strategic Planning.
* Created and maintained the Competitive Intelligence Program, a strategic market, product, and
competitive research effort educating sales and executive teams on crucial products, key
competitors, and target customers and market segments.
* Co-created and launched 2001 Strategic Plan
RECENT PUBLICATIONS, OFFICES, and HONORS
“Research Performance in Undergraduates Receiving Face-to-face versus Online Library Instruction: A Citation Analysis”. Journal of Library Administration, Fall 2010
OK-ACRL Community of Oklahoma Instructional Librarians (COIL): 2008-9 Secretary, 2009 Chair-elect, 2010 Chair
Oklahoma Library Association University & College Division: 2009 Chair-elect, 2010 Chair
Information Matrix Camp: Mentor, 2008 & 2009
OLA-Gold Leadership Institute: Graduate, 2007
RECENT EXTERNAL PRESENTATIONS
August 2011: “Leading Edge or Bleeding edge? Tips for navigating technology decisions.” iCON 2011, Midwest City, OK
July 2011: “50 Minute Ph.D: Assessment for Instruction Librarians.” unCOILed 2011: Get Schooled!, Oklahoma City, OK
July 2011: “Using Camtasia to create Library Tutorials.” COIL on Wheels, Tulsa, OK
October 2010: “Using Camtasia to create Library Tutorials.” COIL on Wheels, Tulsa OK
July 30, 2010, “Keynote Panel”, Moderator. unCOILed 2010: Going the Distance, Stillwater, OK
April 26, 2010 . “Research Performance in Undergraduates Receiving Face-to-face versus Online Library
Instruction: A Citation Analysis”. Fourteenth Off-Campus Library Services Conference, Cleveland, OH
April 20, 2010, “Opening Doors: letting the student in through the course management system”, Oklahoma
Library Association/Mountain Plains LibraryAssociation 2010 conference, Oklahoma City, OK.
October 27, 2010, “Managing Virtual collections and services.” (As a volunteer with the Caledon Library in Second Life). Internet Librarian, Monterey, CA (presented via Skype)
September 17, 2009, “Salvation in the Stacks: Tips from your friendly Librarian.” Ignite! Tulsa, Tulsa, OK
July 31, 2009, “(getting their) Attention! : Launching your new Embedded Librarian Program.” unCOILed 2009:
Participatory Learning in the age of the Unengaged, Muskogee, OK
SKILLS and MEMBERSHIPS
Computer—SirsiDynix Workflows, OCLC Connexion, Photoshop, PastPerfect, Camtasia
Member of– ALA Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL), Oklahoma Library Association, Oklahoma Chapter, ACRL